Friday, 25 April 2008

Reminiscing My Childhood

Grr.... Is my patience thinning? I'm someone who is rather patient but I'm not sure why waiting for the bus for a period of 15 mins and I feel like cursing the bus for taking so long. I guess I saw the bus that I'm suppose to be taking left in front of my eyes that's why I'm so impatient.
Today, my aunt is celebrating her birthday but its one day late. Its quite meaningful though. My aunt and grandmother will be shifting to their new home tomorrow so today's the last dinner at the home where I grew up in.
When I was born, I would stay there for most of the day and would only go home at night. My grandmother is the one taking care of me. Apparently, I grew up at my grandmother's house. I remember my mum telling me that I would be standing at my baby "cage" to watch TV and as the show goes on, I'll be making noise, stomping my feet and shaking my baby "cage". Can you visualise that? When I visualise it myself, I find it very funny and cute.
Come back to the present, I had a filling dinner so I couldn't have my dessert - red bean ice cream (usual flavour that my aunt buys). I took it home. A thought suddenly came to my mind, I'll have it while walking home. It's been more than two decades since I have ice cream on the move. Reminiscing my childhood days again. I feel people looking at me, a man wearing long sleeve eating ice cream. I was feeling a little embarassed but at the same time feeling young again. Hehe... Everyone will have a his/her side of "child at heart". Hmm... its great to reminisce once in awhile.

No comments: