Sunday, 23 November 2008

Lesson learnt

Last week, I realised that I had a lot to learn on handling complaints. Two guys came up to the reception which I was there at that time. They were quite agitated the moment they started talking. I asked them to calme down before explaining the situation. After understanding the situation, I offered to look into the matter.

After that, I reflected on how I handled the situation, I was a little defensive at the start. I believe I could handle it a little better by giving more assurance and also to tone down my expression. I should have realised how they have felt when they were being stopped by the security guard when they have actually paid their season parking. Being treated like a trespasser is not really a good feeling.

Well, its a good learning experience for me. And I hope that I'll be able to handle such situations better the next time.

No comments: