Monday, 7 July 2008

Show Marathon

I had wanted to watch the movie "10 promises to my dog" so after a day's studying, I decided to do so and after that I came home to carry on with the "yang warriors".

Hmm... comparing the 2, I still find the "10 promises" better. It was a very touching show and I've realised and learned a lot from it.

It's about a girl whose father is very busy with work and comes home late, while her mother had contracted cancer. The small little puppy just came into the scene (actually it was staged by her mother to look like it is a lost puppy). Her mother told her 10 promises she must keep. I feel the easier the promise, the more difficult it is to keep. I shan't talk much about the show as it is for all to find out.

I would like to share what I've learnt from this show.

Having a pet, especially a dog, is akin to have a new family member. When the dog or pet dies, it is akin to have lost a loved one. When I see the dog passed away due to old age, I suddenly feel as if it is one of the family member of the girl that have died. Sometimes, I feel there's no different between an animal and human. Through interaction with animals, one can be able to understand humans better.

People seems to want and have more happy times but when it comes to times of trouble, the relationship can be easily broken. The girl remember one of the promises is to play with the dog, she answered without thinking that she had fulfilled this promise very often. But it is going through such troubled times that a relationship can grow steady and strong.

Treasure the loved ones around you. Don't wait till it is too late before realising that one has a lot to say, to do and to be with your loved ones. Those you treasure will always be in your heart and memories.

Promises are to be kept, commitment are to be upheld and responsibilities to be undertaken.

Enjoy the show. It is what was learnt that is most valuable not the lament of the death of the dog.

No comments: